Parks and Recreation
Park Design & Planning
Peaks to Plains Design is a leader in parks and recreation planning and design. Our park design clients range from government agencies to developers, who may be required to dedicate park land and improvements. We are members of the National Recreation and Parks Association and the local chapters in Montana, North Dakota and Wyoming.
Services provided include:
- Aquatic facilities
- Comprehensive plans/needs analysis
- Specific park design
- ADA specialists in PROWAG, ADAAB, Federal Outdoor Accessibility and USFS Accessibility requirements
- Ball fields and sport courts
- Large system irrigation design, including pump stations
- Vegetation management plans
- Natural resource management
- Public facilitation
Notable projects include:
- The Lakes at Valley West is Bozeman – Developed the parks and open space plan, landscape architecture, trail design, and irrigation system plan.
- Billings Parks Comprehensive Plan Update – Established a comprehensive strategy for providing parks and recreation facilities, programs, and services for Billings residents.
- Williston Parks and Recreation District – Preparation of master plan and development drawings for six existing parks and one new park. The scope of work included inventory through land surveys, public input, schematic plans, design development, and budgetary estimates.
- Yellowstone National Cemetery – A locally funded cemetery designed to NCA standards, acquired by the Department of Veterans Affairs in May 2014, located in Laurel, Montana
- Legion Park – Master planning and implementation of a town square park that hosts concerts, farmer’s markets, a playground, a splash pad and seating area in Hamilton, Montana
- Castle Rock Park – Design of a spray ground aquatic facility that citizens from around the metropolitan area have made a “must do” destination for summer fun in Billings, Montana
- Gateway Park – Entry gateway with community identity, public art, water feature, interpretative plaques, irrigation design and parking for Buffalo, Wyoming