Peaks to Plains Design PC is an experienced consultant and contractor with multiple institutional and federal government agencies. We are a registered construction contractor in Montana providing design-build services as necessary. Contact us to receive a line card or contracting officers can connect to SAM for more information.
- SBA Certified Small Disadvantaged Business – Section 8(a) Participant
- Woman-owned Business
- Certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) with Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming DOT
- Registered and Current in the System for Award Management (SAM)
- Trained in Visual Resource Management by the BLM
- NAICS Codes: 541320 – Landscape Architecture Services, 541330 – Engineering Services, 541340 – Drafting Services, 541611 – Management, Scientific & Technical Consulting Services, 541620 – Environmental Consulting Services, 541990 – All Other Professional, Scientific and Technical Services, 541720 – Research & Development in the Social Sciences and Humanities
- Bonded for Design-Build Contracting
- Team Member on Existing IDIQ’s with FHWA, VA, BLM and USFS.
Notable Projects Include:
- National Park Service: Canyon Creek Battlefield, Laurel, Montana – design-build project for a sustainable landscape reflecting native vegetation of the area.
- Bureau of Land Management: National Minerals Testing Laboratory, Greybull, Wyoming – design of a new laboratory building and site for a facility originally used to test bentonite samples for mineral patent examinations. This facility has become an intra-agency lab for the testing of multiple minerals.
- Indian Health Service: Quarters Landscaping – a design-build project to renovate four properties owned by IHS in Poplar, Montana.
- Veterans Affairs: Water Conservation – a design-build project to upgrade 8.6 acres of irrigation systems and obtain a non-potable water right for the Miles City VA Hospital Campus.
- Bureau of Land Management: Triple Crossing Dam Mapping – collection of data points of existing conditions of approximately 120 acres of a dry water reservoir southwest of Glasgow, Montana.
- United States Forest Service: Cave Mountain/West Fork Teton Campground – site layout to renovate an existing campground and expand equestrian services for another campground near Choteau, Montana.
- Veterans Affairs: Expand Domiciliary Building 64 – a remodel project with a healing courtyard located at the Sheridan VA Medical Campus.
School and College Campuses
Peaks to Plains Design works with institutional and educational facilities to develop a safe, attractive learning environment. We have conducted feasibility studies for preschool facilities, developed natural and traditional playgrounds for elementary schools, developed sports fields for high schools and plazas for college campuses. Efforts include vegetation management plans and water conservation of campus-wide irrigation systems. Our team can provide implementable solutions for reduced fiscal and human resources.
Notable Projects Include:
- Diesel Ag Tech Building – Montana State University Havre: The plans are underway for the new Automotive Diesel Technology Center at MSU-Northern, which boasts 100% job placement for students. Peaks to Plains Design, in collaboration with CWG Architects, designed a quality public open space, focusing on place making and connectivity throughout the campus. The project team worked hard to meet requirements of the Green Building Initiative (GBI), and as such, our landscape architect ensured that plant selections were native, hardy, low maintenance and low water needs.
- Big Horn School: Complete campus renovation that included construction of a new high school and a new elementary school building. Services included campus landscaping, irrigation design, water rights analysis, football field profiling and playground design. Sheridan County School District, Big Horn, Wyoming
- Audubon Conservation Education Center: Private, non-profit organization with a mission to promote the appreciation of Montana’s native birds, wildlife and natural ecosystems, with a educational facility located in Billings, Montana. Services include site master planning and natural playground design.
- Grace Montessori Academy: Private pre-school through 8th grade. The outdoor play and classroom space was of special importance to the school. The Montessori learning objectives include hands-on instruction and active engagement in their outdoor environment. The outdoor space included traditional playground elements, student gathering areas and community gardening beds.